Want to Volunteer? Start HERE!
- In order to serve our community well, and for the safety of both you as the volunteer and for the safety of our students, DDES requires all of our regular volunteers undergo a background check. This is required once every two years. Here is the link for the online background check: https://www.cbirecordscheck.com. The cost is $6.85. Please email a pdf copy to email@example.com.
Blue Bear Buddies – Read with our students
- Our volunteer reading program is designed to engage members of the Denver community with DDES students to foster a lifelong love of reading. We pair an adult with one or two students for 30-45 minutes of read-alouds each week. If you are new to the program, please click on the link to complete the volunteer information form: Blue Bear Buddies
- Please contact Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org,
Fieldwork and Adventure Chaperones:
- Your crew leader will keep you informed with opportunities but make sure to complete your background check above.
Scholastic Book Fairs
- Because of you our teachers get $2500 in books each year. Contact email@example.com to help.
DDES Family Council Fundraising Committee
- Help with our annual event, restaurant nights, grocery programs and more! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate Goods and Services
- Equity book drop #3! The equity group joins the Human Rights Campaign and the mission of diversebooks.org in their commitment to “to promote or amplify diversification efforts and increase visibility for diverse books and authors, with a goal of empowering a wide range of readers in the process.” If you would like to help us by donating books that feature protagonists in fiction and nonfiction that exhibit gender, racial, ethnic, cultural, and ability diversity please donate to the front desk or contact email@example.com. We will distribute our third set of books April 20.
- Adventure Gear: Our oldest kids are getting big. If you have adult gently used outdoor gear in xs or s including rain pants, snow pants, fleece jackets, winter boots, winter jackets, please drop off at the front office or contact Curtis.Huey@ddeschool.org